Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Something Old, Something New

For the last several months I've been wanting to utilize and maximize the space in my downstairs front room. The entertainment center (that our friend built as a wedding present) was awesome in our last place but it was just too bulky for the space now. So, after a couple months of looking on craig's list, KSL and the D.I., I finally stumbled onto this beauty at the D.I.! I picked it up for $30!


This is what it looked like before...


...and after!


Steve had some of the wood shop students help us out and make the top two drawers fold down. They did an EXCELLENT job!


So, just to recap, BEFORE: big, bulky entertainment center took too much wall space and floor space in the room.


New dresser adds more wall space and opens up the room for a more refreshing feeling!

If you want to see step by step details on how to do this then stop by my blog. Trying new things can be a wonderful adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! We have wanted to do the same type thing and ditch the big entertainment center. I'll have to check out your how to blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...