That's how long I've been married to my best friend, 2,556 days (7 years). Our anniversary was actually on January 21, so I am 3 days late but that just means it's been 2,5559 days!
I remember the very FIRST time I even saw Steve. It was at a New Year's breakfast party. We had a mutual friend that introduced us but I didn't give him any more thought. The next morning a bunch of friends went sledding in Pine Valley. I spent the day feeling a bit out of place since I didn't know most of the people very well and Steve was one of the only people that, when I talked to, made me feel comfortable. We became really good friends after that. We started doing more and more things together and then at the end of the summer while on a camping trip with some friends when I realized; after becoming jealous that he was paying attention to someone else; that I really, REALLY liked him! So, after debating it, I decided that I needed to say something since he was leaving to go to Weber State in less than a month. He was fast asleep and I woke him up. He jumped up asking if everything was alright in a very panicked voice. It was so hard for me to tell him everything but somehow it came out and...the rest is history! We started dating!
After both of us moved to Layton and Ogden, Steve started the Spring semester at Weber in the Automotive Business program. I was working and getting things ready for me to start in the fall in their Elem. Education program. I'd only been there for 3 weeks when one morning Steve came to my house and told me that after finding out that people in his program, once they got a job, were required to travel 5 days a week and relocate every 5 years. I knew how that went since my dad was in the same field. After about 5 minutes we both knew that this was not going to work if we wanted a family. So we decided to get married in January instead of May and then we'd live in Cedar City while attending SUU. Steve went into Education and I studied Interior Design.
Here we are, 7 years later. We have two amazing kids, gone through 4 cars, 3 houses, and 1 dog. I have been lucky enough to find a man who knows how important a family is and how important spending time with them is too. I am so grateful that I was able to be sealed to him and to be able to look forward to spending the rest of eternity with him. He is my soul mate. I love him so much!
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete