Thursday, August 2, 2012

There's a First Time for everything!

The first weekend in June I took a trip to Vegas to get certified as a Zumba Instructor!  It was awesome!  After an all day training/workout, I got my certificate.  It felt so good to have actually done something all the way and followed through.

I had a great opportunity to go to SLC a couple of weeks ago with the owners of The Warehouse and some other awesome ladies from Zumba class.  We all went to a Master Class (for those who don't know what that is; its a 90 minute Zumba class taught by the higher up people in Zumba...ZES a.k.a Zumba Educational Specialists) taught by two ZES from Miami!!!  It was more like a concert experience than a workout!  It was seriously SO MUCH FUN!!  But...it was SO HOT!  We were all sweating before it even started!  But it was worth it.
Later in the day I had the chance to go to my first ZIN Jam (its a class for Zumba Instructors where they can learn new routines from a Zumba Jammer...the ones who make up routines for us to use if we so choose).  I loved it!  They keep the classes small, 30 people tops, so that we can all get some one on one time and get to know the other instructors there.  That was 3 hours long!  But the time went by so fast and I learned SO much!  The fact that she provided snacks and drinks didn't hurt much either!

And then to top it all off, tonight I got to teach my very own routine for the first time ever!!  It was the cool down; so nice and slow (a perfect starting point for me).  I choreographed it to Michael Buble's "Feeling Good".  And it was great!  I didn't get nervous; I felt perfectly at home actually.  It was weird.  But I managed to smile and sing along to the music and just have a great time.

I seriously feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to do this!  I've been really pushing myself to go outside my comfort zone and do something different.  And I'm not going to lie, its been tough.  I'm NOT an outgoing person AT ALL so for me to try and talk with people that I don't know and that intimidate me is really hard! But, you know what, its been great because I feel like I got to know people and made some new friends!  It's been wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! Please, please, please can you come teach in Mesquite once or twice a week? No one here teaches Zumba and I miss it so so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...