I've really been trying to do a lot more activities with the fam and kiddos lately. I started to realize that we probably watched too much tv and that I could be doing a lot more fun stuff with T and Sawyer.
I guess that it all started with a Mommy-Daughter date that ended up a family night (per T's request) at a bowling alley. Teigan has been talking non-stop about bowling and how much she "really, REALLY wanted to try it". It was really fun watching her try to throw that heavy ball down the alley. We tried showing her how to grannie style it but she wanted to throw it like a grown up.
She hit a lot more pins than I thought! She ended up with a score of 45! I don't think I bowled that until I was close to 20! haha! She did, however, discover just how slippery the alley was when she tried to push her ball faster after she'd already thrown it. She was fine, but it embarrassed her so bad! I couldn't help myself, I tried to hide my giggles under my breath.
During the time after lunch and before Sawyer's naps, I've been really good about keeping the tv off and "forcing" them to play. Its actually been a success! They play really well together, when they want to.
Something else that I've started doing is something called "Mommy School". I found it on Pinterest (wonderful, wonderful Pinterest). There's a packet for every month that includes a book list, the letter of the month, number of the month, activities, games, art, math, science, etc. It. is. wonderful! This month's packet has a bunch of fun Thanksgiving stuff and snack ideas. This was one of them. We made turkeys out of apples and other healthy snacks! T loved it!
Sawyer loved the apple part of it.
Another activity we had fun with was slime!! It was a huge hit! T and her friend, Avrey, played with it for almost an hour straight! The best part was that I can put it in a ziplock and it stays good so T can play with it over and over!
She got creative with it too. Poor Puss was attacked by the slime monster!
Those creative juices flowing!
I am having so much fun doing these activities with them! I love seeing their faces when they discover new things! PLUS, and most importantly, I get to play with them!




These activities look super fun! I'm impressed that T can hold the bowling ball and that she didn't use bumpers! I am going to Pintrest right now to find your page and that pin, because it sounds awesome!
ReplyDelete